Saturday, November 3, 2012

Reflection



ABBY
LEARNING REFLECTION
HOW DO I PRESENT WHO I AM TO THE WORLD?

During the Snapshots Unit where I explored how I want to present myself to the world, the things I found most interesting were pretty much everything. I have never really done units like this in English class. Every class was different, it would always leave me thinking “what’s next?”. If i had to pick a project I would say, what’s in my purse.  I found it the most interesting because it made me really think “who am I?”. I enjoyed everything in this unit.

The activities that helped me to learn most about how I present myself to the world were mostly the ‘What’s in my Purse’ part of the unit, and the part where we had to create some sort of presentation to show who we are, using the ‘Me Poem’. They helped me to learn by making me really think. On the other hand, I found ‘Me Poem’ challenging because I didn't quite know how to present it. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do, but it was hard to find the perfect idea.  I did try to overcome these challenges though by talking to friends/family about it, looking around the house (for materials), and looking at other paper sculptures on the web.

We completed many different tasks during this Unit, such as the paper blog project, acronym poem, me poem presentation, what’s in my bag etc...  The one I enjoyed the most was ‘What’s in my bag’ and ‘Me poem presentation’. because they were fun, exciting, and it really got me thinking about how I wanted to present myself to the class/world.  If I could change anything in the Unit it would be nothing, because it suited me just fine.

Overall I discovered a few more things about me, and this unit has made me more careful about the things I say/post onto the internet.

3 comments:

  1. Nice lay-out Abby And it dose rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby. I generally liked your reflection's content but I'm not really liking the fact that you are relying on the template too much. The template should be reworded, not directly used and fill in words in order to keep the reader interested.

    Your blog is excellently formatted and texts are very easy to read while still expressing likes and hobbies. Rock on :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good, but that thing that says welcome to my... I think you should somehow add black background or something the way it is for the background. Currently, it is kind of a bit difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete